Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

We were given an incredible, priceless gift while we were in Ethiopia. It came out in our meeting with our kids birth mother (Lekera) that a picture existed of their birth father (who passed away in April 2009). The picture was with some other family member about an hour away from where we were in Addis Ababa. I was amazed that if a picture existed, it was not with Lekera and our kids...they lived 6 hours away from Addis. Lekera wanted T and M to have the picture, but we did not know how to go about getting it. Without our knowledge, the incredible employee from our agency AWAA who translated during our time with Lekera went on his own time to try to retrieve the picture. He surprised us with the photo just a short time before we left Ethiopia to come home. I was amazed at the gift we had been given...it is not common for photos to exist...especially of people who live in the extremely rural areas of Ethiopia!!!


We just got finished showing the picture to T and M for the first time. We thought showing it to them on Father's Day would be a great way to honor, Getu Seta...their birth father. They were so happy to see him! T*n***e held the picture and said, "I lub" ("I love"). T and M quickly ran the pictures (we made one copy for each of them) to their rooms and put the pictures next to their beds...and next to the pictures of their birth mother, Lekera.


So on this very special FATHER'S DAY, I want to say, "I love you", to my incredible husband, Ken. You are the best Daddy I could ever imagine for our children. However, I also want to say, "thank you", to Getu Seta...thank you for helping to give T and M life. They are a precious gift! May you rest peacefully in Heaven with our greatest Father!!!
Getu Seta