Friday, November 6, 2009

Questions that plague me

Since we are hoping for 2 children between the ages of 0-4 years, chances are at least one (maybe both) of them is probably already born. Our desire is for an older boy and an infant girl, but we are open to who ever God has in store for us. I think about our child (or children) who is already alive and in Ethiopia a lot! There are so many questions that go through my head on a daily basis: Is he or she hungry? Lonely? Sad? Happy? Sick? Healthy? Anxious for a family? How much has he been through in life already? Does he know he is loved? Does he already understand that God loves him/her? Will they connect to me? When I start making myself a little crazy with all the questions, I have to remember that God is in control and he loves my kids more then I ever could. I also do my best to offer the questions up to God as prayers. It is amazing how much love God has put in my heart for these children I do not even know yet!


Here are a couple of verses helping me to get through this "waiting" stage:
Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."